Job Type: Contract, Part-Time (20-25 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
The Recruiter supports Talimer team members by sourcing and screening qualified candidates to build Talimer’s overall roster of resources as well as fill specific technical and creative roles required by our clients. You will also network online and offline with potential candidates to promote our employer brand, reduce our time-to-hire and ensure we attract the best professionals. Ultimately, you will build a strong tech and creative talent pipeline and help hire and retain skilled employees for our open opportunities.
This position plays a critical role in the growth of the Talimer business, helping us develop a marketplace of highly qualified and diverse tech professionals. While specific recruitment to fill client roles remains a priority, development and operationalization of an overall relationship-building, capacity-increasing strategy is paramount to our efforts to scale quickly.
Core to our mission is increasing access for BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and women who are underrepresented in tech. Talimer’s recruitment efforts will connect our organization to bridge and pipeline programs that target underrepresented populations, giving those graduates and experienced alumni an opportunity to explore freelancing with fewer risks and more rewards.
During this 20-25 hour per week remote position, the Recruiter attends regular stand-up meetings, daily jobs review meetings, a bi-weekly 1:1 with the COO and collaborates with co-workers while working independently.
Expectations and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Source potential candidates on both large and niche platforms, like LinkedIn Recruiter, Dice, Slack, Handshake, Meetup, etc.
- Identify, develop and mature relationships with various resources to reach underrepresented talent.
- Parse specialized skills and qualifications to screen IT and creative resumes.
- Perform screening calls to analyze applicants’ technical abilities as well as cultural fit.
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to both interested and passive candidates.
- Be obsessive about follow-up and responsiveness to potential candidates.
- Meet weekly and monthly KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and develop processes and activities that help meet those metrics. Have a strong organizational process around documentation.
- Promote Talimer’s reputation as a great platform for freelancers.
- Keep up to date with new technological trends and products.
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Demonstrated success as a Technical Recruiter or Creative Recruiter (experience in both is a major bonus!).
- Experience building structure and process to scale a recruiting capability within an organization.
- Have experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases.
- Have solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search).
- Are self-directed, energetic, inquisitive and observant. Will push yourself, fearlessly dive into challenges, take initiative and question with confidence.
- Teach and learn. Your experience and education can inform our decisions and perspectives. We welcome fresh opinions, thoughts and candid input. We encourage both curiosity and clarifying questions.
- Communicate professionally to outside contacts as a representative of Talimer.
- Work well within a team and on your own – you should be self-directed but also enjoy being part of an energetic, enthusiastic team.
- Be passionate about innovation and inclusion.
Talimer (www.talimer.com) is blowing up what’s wrong with the “gig economy.” We’re putting freelancers first in a unique marketplace that offers tech professionals access to jobs, benefits and more while making it easier for businesses to secure hard-to-find, on-demand resources. Talimer is growing and empowering a diverse community of freelancers so that they can feel fulfilled, confident and secure.
We believe in inclusion. We also believe it is the responsibility of the people in power to make it happen. This isn’t a new belief. It’s something we have been dedicated to in our professional lives for years. And we’re tired of how long it’s taking for America to make real progress. That’s why inclusion, diversity, equity and access are priorities for our team, and in the freelancers we support. More opportunity for all means a better world for all. Everyone deserves an equal opportunity to kick ass.
We believe in integrity and trust. Say what you do and do what you say. It’s a simple lesson you learned young, and it’s also at the heart of every successful business relationship. We’re here to do what’s right, not just what makes the most money. Expect straight talk, no B.S., and promises kept.
We believe people come first. In a world where marble-hearted corporations often treat people like numbers on a spreadsheet, we take a different approach. Connection, support, and being encouraged to be unapologetically yourself are what build enthusiasm, loyalty and commitment among teams. When you have that, profits and success follow. Because then you have people who are willing to go the extra mile, and the last painful inch, to get across the finish line.